What hosting plans and features does HostGator offer?
HostGator offers a wide variety of hosting plans to suit everyone’s needs.
The list of plans include shared hosting, WordPress hosting, VPS, cloud hosting, dedicated server hosting and more.
Below we briefly look at each of these:
- Shared hosting– Shared hosting is a great option for those starting out. The shared hosting plans are priced to favor beginners and these plans largely serve static websites. It is a good thing to remember that if you start out on a shared hosting plan, you can easily scale to a more powerful plan as your online expertise increases.
- Cloud hosting – Cloud hosting provides a more stable, faster and better performing service than shared hosting. This plan is more stable because resources are shared over several servers, so unlike traditional plans where your website is linked to only one server, if a server is down, you are automatically rerouted to another one which is live. HostGator also offer Cloud hosting optimized for WordPress which allows for a much higher performing WordPress experience.
- VPS hosting – VPS hosting is a big upgrade in performance. With a definite amount of server resources at your disposal and root access to customize your environment, you’ll be able to optimize performance. This means you will be able to set up your VPS plan so that it is optimized for your site needs.
- Dedicated hosting – HostGator has several dedicated hosting plans on offer. Dedicated hosting is the most powerful hosting service of them all. Renting your own server means you have complete access to all its resources and you can set it up any way you need to. Dedicated plans are able to handle advanced applications and handle the most amount of traffic, so this is for those high volume websites.
- Reseller hosting – Reseller hosting is available if you would like to start a hosting company, but prefer to be an intermediary which connects users to hosting plans. HostGator offers Reseller plans so that you can do just that.
What is HostGator’s Customer Service like?
HostGator like many of their competitors offer phone, email (ticketing system), community forums and live chat as customer support channels.
Their client support system is simplified through their support portal. This portal connects you to support staff, allows access to their helpful community threads or their video tutorials that cover many common website issues.
You can expect support lines to be available 24/7/365 which means no matter when your issues arise, their support team will be right there to assist you.
40total visits,1visits today